Architectural Fabric – TENARA
Architectural Fabric – TENARA
ENARA Architectural Fabric is unique because it is woven from ePTFE fabric and is also fluoropolymer-coated, making the PTFE inherent in the material. As a result, it allows more than three times the light transmission of similar fabric materials – 40% versus the industry standard of 12%. It also will flex and fold countless times without delaminating or losing strength.
- Industry-leading 40% light transmission rate provides superior translucency for effective and appealing light diffusion without affecting light temperature or light transmission negatively.
- Woven from ePTFE yarn and coated with PTFE
- Inert and highly resistant to blemishing and degradation, far surpassing all other fabric materials.
- Industry’s only 15-year replacement warranty.
- ASTM E84 – Class A fire-rated.
- No contribution to the formation of chloro/bromo-dioxins or – furans (“dioxins”)
- Free of plastisizers
- Free of stabilizers
- Free of catalysts
USES & APPLICATIONS
SEFAR® Architecture TENARA® Fabric is part of an environmentally responsible approach to architecture. The fabric is extremely durable and will not degrade during its long service life. It is free from odor and chemically inert. Uncontaminated scrap material and material used in architectural applications can be recycled.
SEFAR® Architecture TENARA® Fabric is 100% fluoropolymer with a backbone of high tenacity PTFE yarn. It has the following properties:
- free of chlorine - no contribution to ozone depletion unlike chlorofluorocarbons (CFC’s)
- SEFAR® Architecture TENARA® Fabric is therefore harmless to the skin and completely odor-free.
- The type of function and benefit a product provides – and for how long – is crucial for the ecological balance of that product.
- Due to their extremely strong carbon/fluorine bonds, fluoropolymers have unique properties: excellent chemical resistance, high resistance against extreme temperatures and UV radiation.
- These properties make products produced from fluoropolymers extremely durable with long service lives, which has a direct positive influence on the reduction of the amount of raw materials, energy resources, water and auxiliaries consumed and the amount of emissions.
Recycling and Disposal
- Since SEFAR® Architecture TENARA® Fabric is 100% fluoropolymer and does not degrade during its useful life, it can be reprocessed and used in other applications.
- PTFE is not classified as hazardous waste in Europe or the USA.
- In a landfill, SEFAR® Architecture TENARA® Fabric is completely inert and will not degrade biologically. Consequently, it cannot contribute to hazardous lechates or gases.
- In an incineration plant the materials contained within SEFAR® Architecture TENARA® Fabric are primarily converted to CO2 water and HF. The scrubbers in a state of the art municipal incineration plant that is capable of handling halogenated materials can capture the HF. The resulting HF emissions are far below levels that could harm people or the environment.